Enlightening / 3 days & 2 nights
Embark on the luxurious Eastern & Oriental Express and watch the colourful scenery from authentic Malaysia to exotic Bangkok in style while enjoying every instant of a journey through the heart of South-East Asia, visiting colonial Georgetown, Fort Cornwallis and the infamous River Kwai. Release the pressure and get ready to discover the richness of the region in slow motion.
[ PROGRAM ]
- Welcome aboard vintage carriages, the train departs Kuala Lumpur’s Moorish-style Railway Station.
- Overnight on the train.
- Disembark at Penang mainland station, guided introductory tour of the historic town.
- Visit to Pre-Wpr;d War II mosques, elaborately-roofed temples, churches, bazaars and colourful shop houses.
- Reboard coaches for the short ferry ride back to Butterworth and the E & O Express for lunch.
- Meeting in the train.
- Spend the afternoon watching the changing scenery from the open deck of the Observation Car or relax in the comfort of the Saloon Car.
- Dinner is served in the sumptuous dining car.
- Disembark at the River Kwai Bridge Station, Guides escort you on the short walk down to the jetty to board a local craft for a cruise along the lush greenery of the picturesque Kwai Yai river, passing under the Bridge.
- Board a motor coach for a brief trip past the North Temple and Chinese Cemetery to the Thailand-Burma Railway Centre. Explore the informative museum. Visit the Don Rak War Cemetery adjacent to the museum if you wish.
- Rejoin the coach for the transfer to Kanchanaburi railway station from where your E&O journey continues with lunch.
- Arrive at Bangkok in the late afternoon.
* This program can be modified to cater your requirements.
* This program can be upgraded to Luxury Expedition or Exclusive Expedition